Monday, May 2, 2011

Bottling Day at Shone Farm

This is my first post in a while! One week after brother Nick's visit, and the day after I participated in Bottling Day at Shone Farm, I was knocked on my butt for nearly three weeks with the flu. Horrible. The worst part was being totally sapped of energy - that, and not having any desire to drink! I know I'm really sick when I go 3 weeks without a glass of wine!Anyway, our Wine 42.2 class participated in the bottling of Shone Farm wines on March 31st. It was a lot of fun and a treat to see a "mobile" bottling line in operation. These mobile units rent out to wineries that are too small to have a bottling facility of their own - what a great idea! We helped by placing empty bottles on the conveyor, putting the foil caps in place, packing the finished bottles into boxes, and smacking labels on the boxes. The bottling line did the filling, bottle labeling, corking and sealing. If anyone is interested in a nice bottle of Shone Farm Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Syrah or Pinot noir, and you

are not able to shop locally, I can hook you right up!



























No comments:

Post a Comment