Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wine Alert!

Okay, everyone, here's my wine recommendation for
your Thanksgiving turkey dinner....

Just had a bottle (with friends!) of 2007 Picket Fence Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley) which I purchased at Trader Joe's for $8.99 - I am VERY happy with it....first time I've tried anything from Picket Fence, and I'm so pleased because their vineyard is near Shone Farm's, and I know that their vineyard manager, Peter Opatz, was Sonoma County's 2010 Viticulturist of the Year. I guess I just assumed his wine would be too pricey for me, so I never looked for any. Just came across this Pinot at TJ's yesterday when I went shopping for some things for my guests this afternoon. I couldn't believe it was just $8.99,and thought, how good could it be? I'm pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend this for your turkey celebration this year. It's smooth, with 'mouthwatering' flavors of bing cherry and spice, a touch of oak, and a velvety finish. Yummy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey John should like this. Plus $10 is more to my liking for a "good" bottle of vino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Always, a Great post Lynn. Gobble, gobble

    ReplyDelete