Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break!

Having my brother Nick and his friend Pat here during my Spring break was a real treat - they were the perfect wine-tasting partners! We made it to Korbel, Battaglini, Martin Ray, Gary Farrell, Thomas George, Rocchioli, Harvest Moon, and De Loach wineries - and of course Chateau Montelena (which I'll report on separately). We also did a fair amount of "tasting" at my place (where I tapped into my personal 'wine cellar' - i.e. kitchen closet - selections!) and in San Francisco. We all noted how GOOD the local wines are here. All of the wineries we visisted had at least one selection that really appealed to us, but I think we agreed that our favorites were Chateau Montelena and Martin Ray - we didn't have one wine we didn't like at either place. I'm looking forward to their return.....in the meantime, I'll be checking out other wineries and compiling a list of the best ones for next time! So much wine to taste, so little time....



No comments:

Post a Comment