Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. The highlight of mine was just being able to relax, unwind, and not have any schoolwork to worry about! I'm on semester break (Spring classes begin Jan 18) and enjoying the respite.



I was pretty happy with my grades from my first semester - five A's (Viticulture Fall Practices; Vineyard Management; Fall Winery Operations; Vineyard Pruning; Pruning Techniques for Vine Balance) and one B (World Viticulture & Wine Styles). Those of you who know my competitive nature when it comes to grades (!), know I was a bit 'miffed' at that B, but considering how much material was covered (that was the class where our Unit 2 test covered all of the regions, sub-regions, grapes, wine styles, viticulture practices, climates, soils, history, etc. of France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, and Germany) I decided I'll take the B and hope for a clean sweep next semester!



After the New Year, I have some plans to get out and visit some wineries I've wanted to see, and hope to have some interesting experiences to post on the blog. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment